Flowerly Maua

My photo
I smile recklessly and I love excessively. I live today knowing I have no other day until tomorrow. Now is my moment. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a mystery, but today, today is my gift (present).

Friday 29 February 2008

Weird relationships

I got into a bus the other day, and I had no book with me, which is unusual. I guess I do most of my reading in the buses and trains. That's how I kill boredom.

I looked around and picked up this magazine, and came across this funny article. I laughed like mad, in the bus, by myself. It felt like blogging.

Help me and work out these relationships?

Two men met at a bus stop and struck up a conversation. One of them kept complaining of family problems. Finally the other man said:

"You think you have family problems? Now you listen to my situation."

"A few years ago, I met a young widow with a grown up daughter and we got married.

Later my father married my stepdaughter
That made my stepdaughter my stepmother
My father became my stepson
My wife became mother-in-law of her father-in-law
Then the daughter of my wife, my stepmother, had a son
This boy was my half-bother because he was my father's son
but he was the son of my wife's daughter which made him my wife's grandson
That made me the grandfather of my half brother

This was nothing until my wife and I had a son
Now the half sister of my son
my stepmother, is also the grandmother
This makes my father the brother-in-law of my child
whose stepsister is my father's wife
I'm my stepmother's brother-in-law
My wife is her own child's aunt
My son is my father's nephew
And, I'm my own grandfather.

"And you think you have family problems!"


Finally

Did you know that people born on 29th February get to celebrate their birthdays once every 4 years?

On sunday is Mother's Day and I wish all the blogging mothers a very HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY. Mujienjoy to the maximum.

5 comments:

Proud Kikuyu Woman said...

You are hilarious!Or the story is.

Anonymous said...

Interesting mix of relations there.

So now that i chose to launch my blog on the 29th i celebrate my blogversary every 4 years? Excellent!

Maua said...

@PKW, The story is hilarious. You should have seen me drawing a family tree, trying to work out who was who. Got too hard, I gave up.

@31337t, 29.2.2012 will be your first blogversary. In a way, one blog cake with a candle, cost effective.

xxxx said...

I got confused and gave up trying to figure out who was who to who but hey that would be something good to share in team building sessions at work as an icebreaker.........I cant wait

joyunspeakable2011 said...

now, now thats confusion galore....